permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Callout for Coder or Technology for Permaculture Assoc Britain Web Development

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Callout for Coder or Technology for Permaculture Assoc Britain Web Development
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 23:44:49 -0400

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Niels Corfield wrote:

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:

Niels Corfield wrote:

3. Image hosting. Obviously we would like to have something as slick
as Flickr integrated into the site but at the very least I want to
see at least the basic functionality with technologies for
uploading directly from members PC/Macs. Possible technologies:
Gallery 2, Coppermine (as used by Geoff Lawton).

pBase looks good and offers user feedback in a blog for each defined
collection of photos.
Coppermine also looks good
Also:
Flickr, Webshots, Webaperture

Do you know about integration for these technologies?
We would like to embed image handling in our website. So it's more than just hosting.

If you want to host the images yourself you will need TikiWiki, PMWiki and
Mediawiki
or some other wiki or perhaps blog software. If you want external hosting
then pBase
or Coppermine are great and affordable.

And here are two exceptional resources to help photographers with digital
camera use (and roll film)
and digital image processing:

The Luminous Landscape
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/

USEFILM.COM Film and Digital Photography
http://www.usefilm.com/