permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Callout for Coder or Technology for Permaculture Assoc Britain Web Development

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Callout for Coder or Technology for Permaculture Assoc Britain Web Development
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 07:12:16 -0400

Niels Corfield wrote:

3. Image hosting. Obviously we would like to have something as slick
as Flickr integrated into the site but at the very least I want to
see at least the basic functionality with technologies for
uploading directly from members PC/Macs. Possible technologies:
Gallery 2, Coppermine (as used by Geoff Lawton).

pBase looks good and offers user feedback in a blog for each defined
collection of photos.
Coppermine also looks good
Also:
Flickr, Webshots, Webaperture

TikiWiki, PMWiki and Mediawiki also offer galleries and secure registered
user uploads
You might be better off with one of these 3 wikis. PMWiki is easy to install;
Mediawiki
is more robust (is what runs Wikipedia) and is far better at integrating
prepared text
with pictures, not just by having a blog for each group of photos.

My recommendation out of all these options is Mediawiki.