permaculture - [permaculture] pumps and greywater systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Rain Tenaqiya <raincascadia@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] pumps and greywater systems
  • Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 08:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

This idea may be less efficient than L.L.'s idea of pumping water to an
uphill storage tank, but it's simpler in some ways and it's how I'm
irrigating a small area that is above my spring elevation. Just use an
on-demand water pump, with a pressure regulator, if necessary. The pump
turns off at a designated pressure, so when the timer has the system off, the
pressure builds up and the pump turns off. This layout does put more
pressure on your timer valve, but not necessarily more than any other
pressurized water system.

Good luck,

Rain

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries for just 2ยข/min
with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

  • [permaculture] pumps and greywater systems, Rain Tenaqiya, 05/25/2006