permaculture - [permaculture] visiting Arkansas

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: <austinperm@yahoogroups.com>, "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] visiting Arkansas
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 15:50:10 -0500

Hello Everyone,

This is a not-so-permaculture related question, but I figure some of you
would have some great suggestions.

Ryan and Kimber (my 5 and 7 year old kids) want to go crystal hunting in
Arkansas for thier birhtday. So we are planning a trip for a few days
(leaving uh, the week after next). We will take AmTrak to get there, and
then rent a car. Anyone know of good off-the-beaten path places to visit,
eat, or sleep in and around the Hot Springs or Mount Ida area? Any
interesting gardens to visit? Old forests? Whacky permaculture projects?
Rock climbing or kyaking or hiking... We are definately the outdoorsy, rough
and tumble, dig it yourself, kinda people.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated. You can email me off-list if you want
forestgarden@gvtc.com

Marjory