permaculture - Re: [permaculture] noise barrier

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] noise barrier
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:13:15 -0400

We plan to use berms (about 4 ft high in our case), plus earthen walls and vegetation for sound blocking. Additionally muffling white noises can be created with falling water, bamboo in the wind, and lots of fruit means plenty of bird song. I've used larger ones in designs for clients to good effect.
Keith

Charles de Matas wrote:

Does any one have any ideas for a noise barrier? I want to put a noise barrier between my house and a neighbour's. Will vegetation alone be effective? or do I need a solid concrete block or clay block wall?

Charles.

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine