permaculture - Re: [permaculture] composting toilets v.s. septic systems

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] composting toilets v.s. septic systems
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 08:28:14 +1000

On 12/4/06 5:05 AM, "John Fritz" <johnfritz77@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of any information resources that
> document successful challenge to enforcement of septic
> system requirements for development of raw land?

> We want to be able to present hard evidence to the
> code enforcers that there is precedent for the
> substitution of composting toilets in lieu of septic
> systems.

Hi John
Southern Cross University has loads of info about this - you might like to
check out the links below or contact Leigh Davidson <ldavison@scu.edu.au>
Ciao
Robyn

[PDF] Septic Safe - Technical Sheets - Waterless Composting Toilets
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
Table 1: Performance Criteria to be met by Waterless Composting Toilet.
(Source: NSW Health (1997) Waterless Composting Toilets Approval Guideline).
Odours: ...
www.dlg.nsw.gov.au/dlg/dlghome/ documents/septicsafe/compostingtoilets.pdf -

SCU News
You can subscribe to SCU News and receive media releases via email. ... for
instance with composting toilets and urine-separating toilets." ...
www.scu.edu.au/news/media.php?item_ id=151&action=show_item&type=M - 13k -

SCU - Environmental Science and Management - Ecotechnology
... ecological sanitation (ECOSAN) technologies including waterless
composting toilets; ... Jessica Huxley [jhuxley@scu.edu.au]. Updated: 22
September 2005 ...
www.scu.edu.au/schools/esm/ index.php?page_id=49&menu=13_71 - 23k - Cached -

abstracts