permaculture - [permaculture] removing Bermuda gras.. - was agroforestry discussion list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Forest Garden" <forestgarden@gvtc.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] removing Bermuda gras.. - was agroforestry discussion list
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 08:42:17 -0500

Hi Lawrence,

So how did you mostly remove Johnson Grass, Bermuda Grass, Pennsylvania
Smartweed, crabgrass,
> daisies, ragweed and goldenrod, thorny pigweed, Carolina horse nettle,
curly dock, amaranth, lambs quarters,
> ryegrass, fescue grass, wild mustard, a mystery weed and a few others from
about 4 acres now covered with mixed greens
> and a variety of vegetable cash crops.

What did you do How long did it take,? What sort of inputs did you use?
Etc. Etc.

Very interested...

Marjory

> Johnson Grass and Kudzu are excellent forage crops. I've never seen them
planted together but maybe they could coexist.
> Maybe someone could breed a Kudzu variety with more foliage and a
shallower, smaller root/tuber system.