permaculture - Re: [permaculture] need termite prevention advice

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "David Silverstone" <davidsilverstone@mindspring.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] need termite prevention advice
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:33:07 -0800

there is company in Ventura County called Precision Envoronmental Inc.
they do chemical free tenting using heat. the whole house is heated at a
temperature that melts some plastics, kills termites, ants, spiders,
rodents, MOLD, FUNGUS, and most living bacteria.
this is my preferred method of termite treatment and prevention.
i've used this method on my own house in hollywood. i think it's quite
effective.
however it does not treat the subteranen termites, they must be treated some
other way.
prevention is the best technique for subteraneans. no earth to wood contact
anywhere under the house or adjacent to it.
this will prevent the subs from coming.
best of luck
david