permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Potatoes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Potatoes
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 00:33:49 -0500

What's left of mine are still in pretty good shape. High humidity is good. They do need to be kept around 40F or a little below to store well though. Different varieties seem to store better than others. I've found the blue varieties to store well, although they tend to yield less. Yukon Gold seems to store well too.

Scott Vlaun
Moose Pond Arts+Ecology
Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future

35 Moose Pond Road
Otisfield, Maine 04270
207-739-2409 Studio
207-890-4099 Cell