permaculture - [permaculture] permaculture in sebastopol, ca?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Maria Nunes <mdcnunes@sympatico.ca>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: SonomaCountyPermaculture@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [permaculture] permaculture in sebastopol, ca?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:03:57 -0500

Although I live in Toronto, I lived in Sonoma county for a couple of years until last year and was a member of the Living Edge Permaculture Guild which represents that area. I'm sure permie grads from the OAEC or PINC (the two orgs mentioned by Loren Davidson) would love to apply their knowledge and muscle in a grey(gray)water system.

The lack of rainwater during half of the year in that area was a new challenge to me. Had I stayed, a greywater system for the property where I lived (in Guerneville) is something I had planned to develop. I had actually started on it, but as fate would have it, things didn't work out.

I had spoken about it to Brock Dolman (one of my teachers at the OAEC) who encouraged me to research county and state laws, etc. and develop a plan with which I might carve out my own permie niche. Thus I pass the encouragement on to one of my former fellow Living Edge Guild members.

All the best from a lovely but cold snow-blanketed Toronto where my garden is now in hibernation.