permaculture - [permaculture] Skidplanter Details

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <darren@permaculture.biz>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Skidplanter Details
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 06:27:15 +0700

G'day Will,

Thanks. Yes I am encouraging people to copy. Life is way to short and I
don't have the time to be so proprietorial - got bigger fish to fry.

As for detail plans - well no. The machine is simply a Yeomans Keyline Plow
and conventional (skid-type) mechanical transplanter combined. The latter is
available in the US as are the planters: used Lannen
<http://www.lannenplantsystems.com/?id=B2F32599-DBA843EAB1DD-7F639C8B6870> ,
Mechanical <http://www.mechanicaltransplanter.com/cellveg.html>
Transplanter, and Sfoggia <http://www.sfoggia.com/californiaE.htm> planters
are likely to be available in market gardening districts. To use the
planters is breathtakingly easy. A carousel rotates in between your legs and
you just drop the seedling in: the planter does the rest. What I am assuming
is that people will have access to either, and would be have workshop nous.
I do have photos of the planters themselves, just after I bought them, and
can post them if you like. As for operational photos, no, we didn't have any
hands free to take shots on the days that we were planting.

When I next operate the thing I will take some more photos. That'll probably
be next year.

Ciao,

Darren Doherty

  • [permaculture] Skidplanter Details, darren, 11/15/2005