permaculture - Re: [permaculture] spam or not?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robyn Francis <erda@nor.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] spam or not?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:36:38 +1100

On 10/11/05 4:55 AM, "Sean Maley" <semaley@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm starting to wonder about Nepal. We had several
> students trying to get to the course outside NYC,
> happening now. At first, they wanted bank account
> information, so they could deposit the funds. Some
> sort of NGO in Nepal actually made direct arrangements
> with our bank. However, they were forced to pull out
> when they were refused visa's by their government.

We've had spates of people from Nepal wanting to do courses in Australia.
Apparently most are scams to try and get a visa to get into the country. One
Aussie pc teacher told me some years back about 2 Nepalese she'd written
letters of support for visas to do a PDC had cancelled the course saying
their visa applications had been rejected but apparently they had received
their visas and all they wanted was to get into the country.
Now when I receive these letters I offer to come to Nepal to teach as the
cost of 2-3 people travelling to Aus would equal the cost of 1 teacher
travelling to Nepal to teach a lot of Nepalese. I've never had a reply to
this offer....
Robyn