permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Investing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Investing
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 07:18:40 -0700 (PDT)

--- Marimike6@cs.com wrote:
<snip>
> the budget. Once manhole
> covers started blowing in the streets (literally,
> manhole covers would pop out of
> the ground from the pressure of the pipes cracking)

I almost lost my car before I managed selling it. The
car next to mine was taken out. Dogs are mostly the
victims, but people die in the cities walking over the
man hole covers. Of course, all of these problems in
my area are due to salt water seeping into the
electrical network. When the water pipes go, and they
do, entire neighborhoods get flooded. We never see it
on the national news with large numbers of melanin
wealthy folks being the ones forced out of their
homes. This happens regularly along with building
collapses and wall colapses, but dogs and people die
from the electrical faults. This is in no way any
comparison to the events of the Gulf Coast, but more a
testimony from someone in the city regarding the
current topic.

>From the former farmland, and still half old growth
forested upper Manhattan.

-Sean.