permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Investing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Investing
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:42:29 -0400

Marimike6@cs.com wrote:

It's something to think about.

Yes indeed, all that Mike has previously said notwithstanding, there is something within all this to think about:

It is:

Start and maintain an alternate economic infrastructure, a gailt network of connected people participating in their own of-for-and by-the people system of economic exchange. The one aspect of this I like to daydream about the most is:
A local food production network
- which represents local food security
- which teaches people how to grow their own food
- and establishes a communication and economic network that can service
all segments of a local production network: services of all types, crafts, household goods and services, architectural and construction, food storage and prep (kitchens & restaurants - soup kitchens - community kitchens and restaurants
- our own politics

I could add things to this list for several hours

Let's hear it from the list - anyone interested sally forth to the electrodigipodium.

We are all going to need this eventually.

dirtfarmer