permaculture - Re: [permaculture] "Free" Permacuture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Arina Pittman" <arina@ecoversity.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] "Free" Permacuture
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 18:39:52 -0600

Thanks for your reply Graham - please forward to the UK folks. I vaguely
remember hearing about it at my class, back in 1995 (?) with Bill Mollison
and Scott Pittman. But, then - my command of English was somewhat weak at
that time - so I am not sure if I heard it right.

I assumed it was part of pc ethics, that teacher waives his/her fee.... the
rest of cost must be still paid for (food, lodging, advertisement, handouts,
etc). The idea sounds consistent with the ethics - if the class is full, why
not allow someone to sit on, pay for ALL other expenses and refresh the
memory. The third ethic - share of surplus.

The main question is: is this rule upheld by the pc community at large or on
a voluntary basis? Is it or is it not part of the conduct in pc world?

Arina M. Pittman
EcoVersity
Managing Director
505-424-9797