permaculture - Re: [permaculture] "Free" Permacuture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Graham <grahamburnett@blueyonder.co.uk>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, PermaLearners <permalearnersuk@yahoogroups.com>, Permaculture Association <office@permaculture.org.uk>, Permaculture UK list <permaculture_uk@yahoogroups.co.uk>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] "Free" Permacuture
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:24:14 +0100

Arina Pittman wrote:

Greetings, Permies

I recently heard from a grapevine, about an agreement in the permaculture
community, under which students with prior certification can take
"refresher" permaculture certificate courses free of charge anywhere in the
world.

News to me and I would guess the rest of the UK permaculture teaching community. I would guess some sort of renumeration scheme has been agreed for teachurz by the person who has offered these sort of guarantees?

Some people, I hear, use this rule differently, and offer only a
price reduction (i.e. instructor agrees to waive his/her fees, but there is
still a fee for attending).

'I hear' could do with being backed up with some references

Some people have not heard about it.

Me Neither...

My question for anyone on this list

- have you heard about this arrangement from a permaculture instructor

Nope. I wrestle with words like 'teacher' and 'instructor', but I suspect this is a seperate issue...

- are you a permaculture instructor, who respects and follows this rule
(i.e. teaches for free)

No I expect renumeration somewhere somehow. Nothing is 'free'. There is always a price, whether its time, money, energy, respect or subliminal resentment (more on this as this thread ineviatbly unfolds...)

- are you a repeat student, who has had a chance to benefit from this rule
and take repeat courses free of charge, at a reduced price.

Hope you don't mind but I've forwarded to the UK Permaculture Assoc + UK Teachurz discussion list

Cheers Graham www.spiralseed.co.uk