permaculture - [permaculture] Re: solar fence charger

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rich Blaha" <rich@mossbackfarm.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: solar fence charger
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 10:27:25 -0800

We've been doing pastured poultry for 5 years now...we used Premiere's 20B
for a battery/solar charger for 3 of them
(http://www.premier1supplies.com/store/prod_display.html?prod_id=377&pcat_id=23&cat_id=43)

They are a little more expensive, but everything they make is of the highest
quality. Our only complaint with that model was that we either had to
recharge the battery every 3 weeks or so, or get a disposable one that lasted
most of the year

As our farm grew, we got out of using a battery/solar powered charger, and
now use an AC charger that uses a miniscule amount of energy (both in terms
of power consumption and human work). The solar battery energizer is now
relegated to very temporary ram/cattle fencing off of the farm 'grid'

Cheers

Rich
www.mossbackfarm.com/journal

  • [permaculture] Re: solar fence charger, Rich Blaha, 03/30/2005