permaculture - [permaculture] Re: Sourcing Agri-Biz-Prop

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Will Carey <cure@rtinet.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: Sourcing Agri-Biz-Prop
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:57:41 -0800

on 3/11/05 9:02 AM, permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org at
permaculture-request@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> It is unbelievable to me that this kind of crap is still published by
>> intelligent people not on the payroll of agribiz. I think the yield
>> question has to be fought head-on for both quality AND quantity, with
>> quantity being calculated over 10 to 20 years versus the one-year
>> shot-in-the-arm crowd that doesn't tell you 10 years from now the soil
>> will be dead and the bugs mutated. Arguing chemicals and GMOs are
>> actually green is extremely seductive to the press.

Folks...

There's no need to be on the direct payroll of agribiz.

This is info from the Center for Global Food Innovation which is funded by
the Hudson Institute. And the Hudson Institute launders money for
everybody.... Including Monsanto.

Here's a good article on the Center from PR Watch...

<http://www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1999Q4/avery.html>

And about Hudson Inst....

<http://www.sourcewatch.org/wiki.phtml?title=Hudson_Institute>

Which lists funders for Hudson Inst. As:

* Ag Processing Inc
* American Cyanamid
* Archer Daniels Midland
* Cargill
* Ciba-Geigy
* ConAgra Foods
* DowElanco
* DuPont
* Exxon Mobil
* HJ Heinz
* Lilly Endowment
* McDonalds
* Monsanto
* National Agricultural Chemical Association
* Novartis
* Proctor & Gamble
* Sunkist Growers
* United Agri Products

So.... It's all just Agri-Prop... The agenda is set down in Saving the
Planet with Pesticides and Plastic by Dennis Avery. It's quite the read....

Will

  • [permaculture] Re: Sourcing Agri-Biz-Prop, Will Carey, 03/11/2005