permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: course format

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: course format
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 16:04:15 -0800

Michael Kramer wrote:

I could very easily design a certification course that is different from the
current model which focused on the design of a business, a political party,
or a school.

It is possible to cover the permaculture design process without
needing to cover issues such as water, climate, trees, soils, etc. For

I can't believe anyone could write such a thing. I am totally nonplussed by
this.

permaculture is not about these things, it is about design, and design
covers numerous aspects of human existence. I love the certification course,
but it is narrow in focus.

Regarding the issue of consistency, I used to think we had that, but there
are too many people who are unaware of the so-called rules, which is why
more and more educational offerings don't reflect the earlier versions of
the design course. There's a lot more diversity now than I think we are all
aware.

Unbelievable.

--
L.F.London