permaculture - Re: [permaculture] rooftop garden questions

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] rooftop garden questions
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:06:16 -0600

This article points to the work of Shripad Dabholkar and his concept of "Prayog Pariwar"

from the website:

This zest gradually matured, in what is now popularly known as, "Prayog Pariwar". So our "Manzil', our destination is that what is signified by the term "Prayog". The root meaning of word "Prayog" is, "Pra" means, 'Going ahead' and "Yog" is Yukti or Knack. . Thus, the knack of going ahead, in any situation and in any circumstance is "Prayog". While "Pariwar" is nothing but 'Fraternity' signifying " Sense of "Belonging and Togetherness". In the beginning I started alone to take the spirit of science through actual experimentation to the people. This went on gathering momentum from all sections of the society. Your invitation to me here today is just of the same spirit.

To quote some of these ideas and results, I simply put a short list that I will have occasion to use in my exposition:

1. Natueco culture - Understanding how Nature has evolved this ecosystem and changing our entire agricultural practices and entire life style accordingly.
2. 2.Sagriculture - Agriculture based on four "S" - Sun, Science, Sharing & Sovereignty. S4 Agriculture.
3. Prayog Pariwar - A non-institutional network of sharing best of science till the success is achieved.
4. Venture - Calculated risk-taking capacity in real life situation.
5. Peer Venture Networks - Pioneers experimenting together and venturing together.
6. Gypsy Venture Networks - Second generation of venturers who come on their own to Interact and get involved in peer venture network.
7. Activity Bank - A new type of venture Trusteeship extending goodwill, credit, assurance, insurance etc. to venture.
8. De-mystification of science - Explaining science in local idioms and analogies
9. EUCES - 'Energy Unit Currency Exchange System' to replace present Government green notes and share markets virtual money system.
10. Prosumer Society - Producer & Consumer Society free of global market pressures

http://www.prayogpariwar.net/index.html