permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: Black Walnut Guild

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude William Genest <genest@pivot.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: Black Walnut Guild
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 17:03:16 -0500

I think you're right about the lillies - I planted pine and cedar and hemlock and they are all doing ok - growing less rapidly than others I planted but then again they are hammered by wind - as for veggies, I know corn does fine with Black walnuts..... At any rate, black walnuts are such an awesome species, I feel they are unfairly maligned and I so often read gardening adice that paints them out to be virtual Osama Bin Trees !

Claude