permaculture - Re: [permaculture] http://www.permacultureactivist.net/

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] http://www.permacultureactivist.net/
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:08:13 -0600

I would like to "second" these suggestions from
Bart, especially the suggestion about "more free
content". High quality free content draws
visitors to your site. I too am a volunteer web
servant, and I hardly know any HTML (I make web
pages in word perfect and use its internet utility
to convert them into web pages). In the early
days of my web servanting (1997), I used lots of
graphics. Now my own rule is one graphic per
page, at most. Among other things, graphics are
invisible to search engines, so anything in a
graphic can't be indexed and found via google
searches. My websites have over 700 user
sessions/day, and nearly all of that comes from
google searches. These days my pages are nearly
all text (although I do use fonts and such to make
it interesting, just as I would do with a printed
page), with WHITE backgrounds (legibility).

Robert Waldrop, Oklahoma City