permaculture - [permaculture] organic fluids for vehicles

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] organic fluids for vehicles
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:06:07 -0800 (PST)

One of our vehicles sprung a coolant leak yesterday. We couldn't figure out
where the
leak was coming from and decided to take it in to a shop. On the way, it
squirted
coolant ...

This made me think that while this sort of thing is pretty rare, it does
happen. Are
there non-toxic varieties of vehicle fluids? For anti-freeze? Engine oil?
I know that
almost any vegetable oil can be used for hydraulic oil. And I'm switching
over to
organic canola oil for bar and chain oil for the chainsaws. What else am I
not thinking
of?