permaculture - [permaculture] A little question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jeffrey Newman <jn@jnweb.com>
  • To: permaculture digest <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] A little question
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:46:16 -0700

Well, the flurry has died down. Every so often there is some sort of verbal wildfire on this list, usually arguing the merits of theory versus practice, organization vs spontaneity, etc. It's easy for me to be cool about it all as I didn't get involved and/or insulted. However I do find the flare-ups very helpful especially as so often some of my own irritations, prejudices and beliefs get aired and/or attacked.

For those who presently see little of "practical" value on this list, I want to tell you that I have been a mostly quiet participant over the years and consider it an impressive blend of of vision and practicality. I've been helped here in simple ways so often, directly and indirectly. So, if you've found the past few days of posts mostly annoying, please do stay. If you have more important things to do, please come back if/when that makes sense.

Now, I have a "trivial" question, important to me in the mindfulness of my little situation. My small piece of land is roughly half douglas fir forest, 20% house and 30% disturbed/recovering land. I've built a small vegetable/herb garden in a corner of of the gravel driveway. I've been playing a gently active role in assisting this land to restoration and it has been able to give me a little back in the process - mostly wild herbs, rose-hips and my cultivated wild strawberry patch. The "trivial" question is: in the midst of this set-up, where/how can I add/use the brine and olive oil left in a large (Calamata) olive container?
Any takers?

- Jeffrey
in the Cariboo region of central British Columbia.

--
My blog: http://jnblog.typepad.com/provocations/