permaculture - Re: [permaculture] wood chippers and biodiesel

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Selwyn Polit <selwyn@austintx.com>
  • To: Wordgarden <wordgarden@iinet.net.au>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] wood chippers and biodiesel
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 20:01:13 -0500

I met a chap named Chris Farmer at Earthaven ecovillage (www.earthaven.org) in North Carolina who had a wood gasifier. I was really intrigued to hear about it. You might want to try to contact him. Probably start at the web site.

Selwyn

Or you could feed the chips into a wood gasifier, and run the chipper off
the gas...

Anyone have plans/experience/opinions for a small-scale (home buildable)
wood gasifier?

cheers,
Robert