permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pond question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: margi <oaksong@peak.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pond question
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:35:26 -0800

i know someone who made a big pond with a pond liner, and after awhile the liner was punctured because deer were walking through it, and i guess the pressure of their weight concentrated on those little hooves was enough to bust the liner. I think a thick-backed carpet underneath the whole thing might have prevented the problem.
~margi