permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pond question

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pond question
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:28:55 -0700

Yes we used a carpet under our pond liner here at crmpi for that reason, and
it seem to have worked well. One thing we have to keep up on is to keep the
top foot under some vegitation to keep the sun off the liner as the water
level goes up and down . One good idea that came from a passing wolfer was
to make cob mixture that he put under the flag stone walkway around the
pond . It hanges down to the waters edge and wicks up water. this can be
planted with lots of stuff like mints and other stuff like water cress
purslane camomile wild parsley. the bees can land on this to get a drink
too. we ususally have a few large carp in the pond to amp up the nitro
cycle and use it as a foliar feed for the forest garden. the carp are fun
to ketch and release. saves me a trip down the fry pan river where all the
rick folks do ketch and release on trout. jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>