permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Really Cold of Greece

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Robert Waldrop" <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Really Cold of Greece
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:32:38 -0600

I agree with these suggestions. The colder it
gets, the smaller the space we use in our
dwelling, and the more layers we wear inside the
house. Earlier this week, when it was in the tens
(farenheit), we were all hanging out in one room
(3 guys, 2 dogs, 4 cats). All of our windows have
at least two wool blankets on them and so do the
doors. The "eat eat" advice is also good, at
least in part because cooking adds heat and
humidity and you need the internal calories. Deep
fried bread dough always sounds good this time of
year, donuts, scones, whatever you like, with or
without sugar.

Robert Waldrop, Oklahoma City