permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Wisdom of our ancestors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Wisdom of our ancestors
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 10:45:41 -0700 (PDT)

Aloha,

> This was on NPR yesterday. 1500 online books on home economics,
> published 1850 to 1950! Probably should be read with discernment --
> the on air story said one book from the turn of the century condemned
> the practice of mixing meat, vegetables, sauce, and pasta in one dish

Good advice. Mixing flesh food and starch (such as pasta) in the same meal
will typically make digestion of both poorer than if they are eaten alone (or
with only veggies, greens, etc.). Just 'cause hot dish has been around for a
few generations doesn't mean it's an optimum design...

- Eco-Living -
Cultural & Ecological Designing
People - Place - Learning - Integration
john@eco-living.net