permaculture - [permaculture] "It's a tech issue, not a population issue"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Gaden@ziplip.com" <Gaden@ziplip.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] "It's a tech issue, not a population issue"
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 05:32:53 -0700 (PDT)

Re: dwayne "So, yes, there's too many people *in our current technological
society*
for the earth to handle, but it's a tech issue, not a population issue."

What you are saying may probably be valid. I suppose though that I wasn't
necesarily questioning the 'Club of Rome' approach. But that statements such
as the one regarding population are not particularly useful as they do not
attempt present any viable options.

It is a bit of a doomsayer's copout. Easy to wander the streets saying 'The
End Is Nigh'. But what are You going to do about it? If its inevitable, then
I think I'd rather blissfully party on at the 'Restaurant At The End Of The
Universe' (Hitchhiker's Guide) with a Pan Galactic Gargleblaster in my hand.
But if you and I can do something about it, then hey let's talk about it.

"But, it seems to me to be a MUCH NICER plan to improve the way we utilise
the resources we have, as a species. Dwayne"

Gaiden