permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Compressed-air cars

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Russ Grayson <pacedge@magna.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Compressed-air cars
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:09:58 +1000

Old idea resurrected. I first came upon the idea of compressed air as an energy source on seeing a report back in the late 60s/ early 70s. It wasn't applied to cars, though.

Seems as though it could have potential for urban private transport, though, thermodynamically, its overall efficiency would have to be measured in terms of the energy required to compress the air compared to the energy obtained from the air.

...Russ Grayson