permaculture - Re: [permaculture] air car

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "elijah smith" <elijahs@earthlink.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] air car
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:11:37 -1000

but:

how do you compress the oxygen? Electric pump? Gasoline/diesel pump? Wind
turbines?

and, how efficient is the process? Wind turbines would be pretty good, I'd
imagine, but oil/coal/nuclear -> electricity -> transmission lines ->
pump -> air probably wouldn't be... anyone know the efficiency of
compressing air?

cool idea though... maybe we could have a bicycle powered air pump, and...
never mind.