permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Compressed-air cars

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Kosuth <prkosuth@ll.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Compressed-air cars
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:45:01 -0500

Hi all,

I was mainly deleting the hydrogen discussion until today when I also came across an article about the "air car." The article I read was from World Press International Jan 2003 put out by the Stanley Foundation. The original article was in the weekly Austrian newsmag Profil  Oct 15, 2002. There is a website for the car: http://www.p-psaila.net/MDI/CATS.html Sounds like a way cool idea. Compressed air sounds like a fuel that could be taken care of at a local level without corporate intervention. Unlike fuel cells it not particularly hi tech but could do the job for most of the driving that people do.

Paul K

Marsha Hanzi wrote:
I wonder why the question of compressed-air cars has not yet come up here? Seems more logical