permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wiki & wikipedia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wiki & wikipedia
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 18:09:44 -0700

Graham Burnett wrote:

That's right... How do I find the contributors page? (I presume this is a
page with a list of contributors much like they have at wikipedia (which
seems to be offline tonight...))- can you post a link that will take me
straight there?

Yes. It's in the HomePage under Our Goal as ContributorPages and here
directly:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/ContributorPages

Be sure to add a weblog (Blog or WikiBlog) to your page with this autoloading
command:
<?plugin WikiBlog?> as in mine:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/London

I am in the process of installing a Permaculture Weblog (and an Agriculture
Weblog) that uses RSS which enables
other Weblogs around the world to subscribe to your/our Weblog, i.e. all
Permaculture news/articles/submissions
posted to our weblog will also get fedto/posted to a place in other
subscribing weblogs.
Its kind of like subscribing to a newsfeed but without Usenet news (i.e.
alt.buzzard) or Email
being involved - a different kind of feed from a Weblog as server. Very nice.
Becoming popular these days.
Of late weblogs have become widely used by writers and journalists to publish
their work and news for the public.
People are using weblogs more and more to keep up with what's happening
around the World. Permaculture
needs to be part of that media.

LL
--