permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wiki & wikipedia

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wiki & wikipedia
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:52:38 -0700

Graham Burnett wrote:

Nota Bene: wikipedia and wiki text formatting aren't compatible (not without a lot of editing)
which means that cut from wikipedia and paste directly into wikipages won't look right after saving without editing.

Have a look at your Organic Gardening page in the pcwiki:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php/Organic%20Gardening
I just got through reworking the formatting and I believe we have something to build on.

Thansk LL- I was working through the article but you've beaten me to it :-)

I have reworked more of the home page, permaculture and organic gardening
(needs more fixing,
phrases to wikiwords conversion). As I said before, special editing tools
consist of using:

1)
* for indents to create outlines
2)
WikiWords (we should totally avoid using non-wikiwords for wiki page names)
See:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/CompostCompostteaSoilfoodweb
3)
The <pre></pre> html tag, acceptable in wiki editing - this makes a huge
diference in the look of pages
- see these pages for examples:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/pcwiki/index.php
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/agwiki/index.php/CompostResources1