permaculture - Re: [permaculture] How to deal with Chiggers?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] How to deal with Chiggers?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 01:34:04 -0800

darko nikolic wrote:
Hello,
My approach to insect managment is an intergrated one
but I've never dealt with Chiggers in the humid
tropics. Has anyone a sustainable solution to these
biting mites.
Thanks in advance,
Darko

Don't sit down in the woods. Try it and you'll find out why
(and you thought crabs were bad :-).

Dust yourself, tender areas, with sublimed sulphur or flowers of sulphur.
If they dig in apply tea tree oil, lemon oil and other ingredients found in
Burt's Bees insect repellent. TTO (neem oil) offers great relief.

Pine forests here in NC have plenty of chiggers and they are found in weedy
fields
where you will also find dog and deer ticks.

LL
--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net