permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture chickens,/cattle

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Jerome Osentowski" <jerome@crmpi.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture chickens,/cattle
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 09:34:52 -0700

Allan, I once read an essay on (contimplating to cow pie) Don't recall the
author, but it was all about the process you mention. I was born and grew
up on farms like that in the 50's in Nebr. All. cow calf operation, and
free range chickens, totally sustainable. I walked the corn fields with a
spade in the am., cutting milkweeds, and hunted squirl, and checked my set
lines down at the river in the afternoon.... We now keep our hens in a
seperate coop with a straw yard, where they spend their day working over
spent hay , weeds and the scraps from the kitchen. This works for my design,
we could not have free range chickens in our forest garden or in our
greenhouse, because they are too distructive. jerone
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>