permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture chickens,/cattle

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: FranksFarm@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Re: [permaculture chickens,/cattle
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 06:36:49 EST

In a message dated 12/3/02 4:46:24 PM, ScottH@wcig.org.au writes:

<< Uncle Bill's books claim that they carry T.B. I've read this elsewhere
also, but yet to see any evidence. >>

hi Scott,

That's the darn problem with so much of the literature. Statements are made
as if gospel, and others pick up on it...especially media, extension etc.
Turns out statement had very little scientific research. Lord save us from
"factoids."

Years ago I looked into raising ostriches, which was then relatively new, and
few folks had experience with them. Much of literature I read from extension,
magazines, etc., were often based upon experiences of one of few well known
breeders at that time.

Of course over time many of the accepted practices he first espoused have
CHANGED!

Just my 2 cents. Frank