permaculture - [permaculture] Jugulone

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: BK <lildragon@saber.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Jugulone
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 18:34:57 -0800

Hi,
As for my experiences with jugulone,
We have a few black walnut trees in our yard. For quite a few years we had a
nice stand of sunchokes. Then I had the brillian t idea of mulching the bed
with raked bw leaves. Hardly anything is growing there now. I'm wondering
if there might be a way to extract the jugulone for use as a less toxic
herbicide. Perhaps to slow roadside regrowth, though if its kinda selective,
and only more cultivated crops are hit hard ...would grasses/rosette type
plants get affected?
Cheers,
BK

  • [permaculture] Jugulone, BK, 12/02/2002