permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Pittman <pci@permaculture-inst.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:46:43 -0700

At 01:10 AM 11/27/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Yep, though I haven't seen the device myself - a guy built a couple FC
>dwellings near Kalani eco-resort (formerly Kalani Honua) on the red road
>(Puna, Big Island) and I was told he made a small device that fit into a
>drill chuck and would grab the wires and twist them, zip! and it's done,
>next please...with one person on one side placing wires and the other on
>the other side with the drill it sounded pretty quick.

well, this tool sounds like something a lot of us would love to track down. Any idea how to get a hold of him? This is I gotta see.

Check plumbing supply or any concrete forming supplier.  The ties are special made for attaching radient heat pipe to rebar or remesh, and for tieing rebar together in slabs and forms.  These suppliers will also have the attachment that fits in the chuck of your drill.

You will be happy to know that the tank we built at Lama is full of water and working fine.

Scott Pittman

  • [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #428 - 10 msgs, Scott Pittman, 11/27/2002