permaculture - [permaculture] snakes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] snakes
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:53:30 -0600

At 07:50 AM 10/29/02 -0700, you wrote:
Mark, In our climate the key is keeping the snakes worm, so the rocks need
to be exposed to the sun. They make their homes behind the rock walls that
support the forest garden beds. In the summer they frequent the horse
radish patch and loveage, jerome
--
Jerome Osentowski, Director
Central Rocky Mountain Permaculture Institute

I was thinking of a place for them to winter. such places gather large numbers of snakes in the fall, sometimes a mix of species. I'm interested in basking rocks too, worked some flatter darker stones into my rock garden just for this. Keep an eye out for basking snakes on the road in the fall, I like to "relocate" such critters as they usually get squashed otherwise.

Tel/fax (970) 927-4158 E mail: jerome@crmpi.org

For more information, please visit our web site at <<www.crmpi.org>>