permaculture - [permaculture] Jails and PC

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark Ludwig <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Jails and PC
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:55:33 -0600

At 07:30 AM 10/27/02 -0600, you wrote:
Hey, now I'm even more motivated to teach Pc as vocational training to
prison inmates. ;^>

Kirby

There a video around about the gardening classes in the San Francisco jail system, one of the most inspiring things I've seen. Seems that crooks who never learned to nurture anything really turn a corner when caring for plants and can see progress from their actions day to day. I've been wondering if the old prison farms need to be revived, sure as heck a better use of time than toxic TV.
Mark