permaculture - [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #339 - 7 msgs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #339 - 7 msgs
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 10:04:56 -0300

A special friend came through here recently who had just done "tracking
school", where he learned just such skills. The final phase is to go into
the woods in deep winter with jeans and a t-shirt-- which you return in
three days. One is expected to come out of the wilderness fatter than when
going in...The founder of he school is not an Indian but was trained over
twenty years by one...

It seems to me that this is the training needed for this approach cited
below. Unfortunately I donĀ“t have the contact here, but I do know he will
do a course in Santa Cruz California ( or has just done one..)

I imagine that it can be located via Internet...If not, the person can get
in contact with me personally and I will hook him up with this friend...

Marsha Hanzi
Instituto de Permacultura da Bahia

> >Primitive Sustainable Agriculture and Survival Research Project
> >
> >=== AKA: The Berkano Project ===
> >
> >Many people seem to be interested in the viability of a
> >lifestyle with minimum impact on the ecology and environment.
> >It is suggested by countless studies and hypotheses that more
> >reliance on agriculture and less reliance on sevice and
> >technology will actually increase the overall quality of life.

  • [permaculture] Re: permaculture digest, Vol 1 #339 - 7 msgs, Marsha Hanzi, 10/11/2002