permaculture - [permaculture] (fwd) Newbie.... Where to begin?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] (fwd) Newbie.... Where to begin?
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 03:29:07 -0700

On 27 Sep 2002 19:05:55 -0700, in alt.permaculture visionary@yahoo.com
(James) wrote:

I bought the farm. Well, I bought 5 acres in El Dorado County
California (Zone 9?). The land is slightly sloping cleared of scrubs
mostly grass with some Gray Pines and various Oaks. Would like to get
started with Permaculture on the land but don't know where to start.

Goals:
1) Shade. It's hot here this summer.
2) Deal with these Moles or Gophers.
3) Create some interest.
4) Build a natural pond with fish. Trout would be cool.
5) Sustainability food production.

I figure I will observe for several months.
My questions are. What are some things I can do to prepare the land
for Permaculture? What are favorite Permaculture type projects?

-j

L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net
http://market-farming.com