permaculture - [permaculture] Fwd: Writing Opportunity

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: marketfarming@lists.ibiblio.org, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Fwd: Writing Opportunity
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:06:15 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Writing Opportunity
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:22:07 -0400
From: Jonathan von Ranson <commonfarm@CROCKER.COM>
To: SANET-MG@LISTS.IFAS.UFL.EDU

This is a revised posting of a writing and art opportunity for a major
project of our seven-state organic farming association. The deadline has
been postponed due to late delivery of a key advertising medium.

Write for NOFA and Get Paid

Writer/farmers wanted to write on organic practices for Northeast
Organic Farming Association book project--a ten-book series to be
published by Chelsea Green. Topics this first round: 1) whole-farm
planning, 2) keeping crops healthy. Future topics 1) crop rotation &
cover crops, 2) composting, 3) marketing, 4) poultry, 5) seed production
& saving, 6) dairy animals. Must be knowledgeable about practices in the
Northeastern U.S. and have:

· strong organic farming experience in topic area

· writing experience and research skills

· success meeting deadlines

First draft of 20,000-word manuscript due late February of coming
winter, final draft due mid-May. Next round first draft due late August.
Pay vicinity of $1,500 per manual.

Graphic artists also sought. Pay around $300 per manual.

The deadline for applications is Sept. 25. We will hire by Oct. 1.

Send a resume, samples, a brief outline of your ideas, and references to:

--
Jonathan von Ranson, Coordinator
NOFA Organic Practices Manuals Project

--
L.F.London
lfl@intrex.net

  • [permaculture] Fwd: Writing Opportunity, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 09/27/2002