permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Mark <mpludwig@facstaff.wisc.edu>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Afghanistan redux
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:42:53 -0500

At 11:47 PM 9/18/02 -0700, you wrote:
Aloha,

Anyone aware of current efforts to invite Afghanis to consider
adopting/adapting PC methods and systems in the rebuilding of their
life support systems? There was some discussion of this during and
after our bombing them, etc....anything going on?

Better stop by WI for some PC small arms training before you go, that country is still a basket case and will be for some time unless the west imposes order beyond Kabul. Sickening to watch all this talk of war with Iraq when we have unfinished business in the Afghan hinterland. I think you are on to something though in broader terms, some kind of PC NGO would be a fine thing.

John Schinnerer, MA