permaculture - [permaculture] WANATCA's magazine [Quandong] - where to find a copy

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflondon@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] WANATCA's magazine [Quandong] - where to find a copy
  • Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 22:22:59 -0400

-
From: David Menne <menne@IINET.NET.AU>
Subject: Re: Pigs and Apples

The latest issue of WANATCA's magazine [Quandong] has an excellent
article "Figs, pigs and vines in Western Australian history";
which basically indicates that you generally can't give too much fruit,
and get excellent response.

We used to gather tonnes of acorns [3000+ trees along the river etc
planted by my grandfather] and they very beneficially
supplemented the pig diets. Plants tend to concentrate a lot of very
valuable trace elements in seeds [for progeny survival reasons];
and our river banks were the first significant valley meadows where a
lot of good topsoil settled after being released by poor
upstream farming practices. [It's an ill wind that blows no good. - John
Heywood (c.1497-1580])]

Fruit = carbohydrates + seeds; Fruit = very healthy organic
phytochemicals as well; Seeds = proteins and trace elements as well. See
eg http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/

From: Greg and April <gregandapril@EARTHLINK.NET>

Were might I find a copy?

Greg H.
-

--
L.F.London ICQ#27930345 lflondon@mindspring.com
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech london@ibiblio.org

  • [permaculture] WANATCA's magazine [Quandong] - where to find a copy, Lawrence F. London, Jr., 05/08/2002