permaculture - RE: [permaculture] Hand Powered Mulcher?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Michael Murphy" <mmurphy@ctsl.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [permaculture] Hand Powered Mulcher?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 12:44:55 -0700

My electric chipper/shredder works great, although it is a small one and
limited to 3/4" branches. Electric motors have tremendous torque at low
speed - you might try to find a gas mulcher with a bad engine and
convert it with an Advanced DC 8" electric motor - should have plenty of
power for big stuff.
Michael Murphy
Bodhi Tree Farm