permaculture - Re: [permaculture] walking away/mulching

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Claude Genest <genest@together.net>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] walking away/mulching
  • Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:20:55 -0400

Good question Momma - I was wondering the same thing this past week when I
noticed volunteer buckwhat coming up - it made it through the winter ! So, I
went ahead and broadcast a bunch three, four days ago, nothing yet and we
had frost last night, and likely tonight - so I'll keep you posted.

Buckwheat is fast growing, attracts beneficials, makes a tasty green while
it's young, and provides plenty of organic material - not a nitorgen fixer
though - bees like it too...