permaculture - [permaculture] free-range chicken farming

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Christo van Staden" <christo@eedesign.co.za>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] free-range chicken farming
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:28:39 +0200

Hi

I am going into free-range chicken farming (to be evolved, within a year, into a food forest project) soon, initially on about 1 acre north of Pretoria, South Africa (bushveld). Can anyone perhaps point me to some good chicken info sources on the net, and publications? Any thoughts will also be appreciated – about pitfalls, possibilities, guilds, etc.

Christo